Sunday, June 24, 2007

Week 4, Thing 8

I had never heard of RSS before. I can see the advantage of using this technology, both for personal use and for library use. Definitely useful for having all your news organized and available in one site! And a variety of uses on library websites...news feeds, program info, etc.
It was easy to set up my blogline account. Many of my choices came from the Most Popular list that appeared after I set up my account. I added Library Journal News, PLA Blog, Its All Good, and Unshelved, the library cartoon feed.
Right now I have 24 feeds, which is too many for me to keep up with on a regular basis. I'll take a look and see which ones are the most useful and most interesting and weed out the rest.
I found it easiest to subscribe while I was in my bloglines account and copying and pasting the URL.
Wow!! A technology that was new to me and easy to understand!!!

No comments: