Friday, July 13, 2007

Week 9, Thing 22

Finally, something that I already know!!!
I was already familiar with both Overdrive and Project Gutenberg, but had not visited either one recently. After creating an account with Overdrive, I located a couple of titles that I want to download to my new MP3 player. I like to listen to audio books on the lo-o-o-ong drive to South Carolina, and since I'm going down in late September or mid-October to visit my mom, this will be a great way to put my newest piece of technology to use. If I want older, classical titles I'll probably look for them on Project Gutenberg.

I looked at the sponsors listed on the World eBook Fair and found one that surprised me a little. I know you can do just about anything on your cell phone if it's sophisticated enough, but I didn't realize that there is a site dedicated just to downloading ebooks to your phone! Although the subscription cost is nominal, I'm pretty sure that I won't be subscribing to MobileBooks. As someone who doesn't even care for the idea of reading books on a computer, I cannot even imagine wanting to read one on my cell phone!!!

No comments: